Both events will begin in the auditorium at with entertainment from some of our performance groups.
Parents will then proceed to their child's FIRST period class for a welcome message that will broadcast at .
Students will act as escorts for their parent(s) while they take you classroom to classroom to see where they spend their day.
Our Back to School Night is formatted to allow students to take ownership of the evening. Teachers will hand out information about their classes (in case you didn't receive it on the first day of school) and will be walking around to meet as many of you as they can that night.
We have had a very positive response from our community in using this format. It takes the stress of ringing bells every few minutes and having parents rush from class to class.
As with any Back to School Night experience, teachers simply can't do conferences. If you have specific concerns about your child, their will be sign-up sheets available to allow follow-up communications from the teacher.
We will have dinner available for purchase evening beginning at from Kettletyme and Carnitas Mexican. Part of the profits come back to LMMS/LMAAC!
We thank you for your flexibility and patience! We know as we move forward this year, we will have lots of learning and growing experiences! Our goal is to always give our customers the best service!
More updated information:
School begins on Thursday, August 14. School hours are:
· LMAAC Grades 4/5/6 8:00-2:20
· LMAAC Grades 7/8 8:00-3:35
· LMMS Grades 7/8 9:00-3:35
Orientation for students will be as follows:
· August 13 9:00-10:00 LMAAC grades 4/5/6
· August 13 10:00-11:00 LMMS/LMAAC grades 7/8
During orientation you will have the opportunity to:
· Pick up your class schedule and first day packet including your student planner
· Take a self-guided tour to locate your classrooms
· Purchase PE clothes (only grades 7/8). Students in 4/5/6 will NOT be dressing out.
· Purchase a yearbook for $30; price will increase throughout the year
PE clothes available for purchase $20 (shorts and t-shirt) in the auditorium and in PE classes for grades 7 and 8. However, students may bring a pair of dark blue shorts and plain, gray tshirt for PE with his/her name on them with a permanent marker. Students must provide a combination lock for PE.
This year we will also be requesting a $5 donation for the school planner. This book is invaluable as a means of communication between school and parent, as well as an important instructional support tool for our students.
Please provide cash or separate checks for the items you purchase. Money for different funds may not be combined for auditing purposes.
On the first day AND everyday after that, you should always have:
· a large 3-ring binder
· 6 folders-one for each class that can also act as dividers
· 5-6 #2 pencils or mechanical pencils
· two red pens
· two black or blue pens
· notebook paper
· recommended: small pencil sharpener, colored pencils, pencil case for your binder
· Teachers may have specific requests for their classes.
Cell phones are allowed but must be in your backpack and turned off all day. Violation of this will result in confiscation of the phone. Phones will be returned only to parents.
Please visit our website at http://www.lmsvsd.org/lamesams for specifics about dress code and other rules, school hours, and other important information. Click on “LMMS/LMAAC Student Planner” on right hand side for details.
2. All students should be prepared with a three-ring binder, notebook paper, a pencil pouch, and 6 folders to act as "dividers" for subject areas in the binders. Specific teachers may have additional requests. Students should have:
3. Orientation for students in grades 4, 5, 6 is August 13 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am beginning in the auditorium. Orientation for students in grades 7 and 8 will be from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. This is really for students new to LMMS/LMAAC. Students will receive their schedules and be able to take a self-guided tour of our campus.
If you have information to report about an incident at your child's school or for questions regarding school safety, please contact the principal.
You may make an anonymous report using the information below:
If you would like to be put on the waiting list for LMAAC, please complete and return the enrollment packet. (Spanish) Interdistrict transfers for out-of-district families. Registration forms for enrolled students who do
ot currently attend a district school.