Welcome to Kempton Elementary School
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IN ITS ENTIRETY
It contains information regarding transportation, after school care and requirements for registration.
1. Proof of birth: original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, hospital record or passport
2. Immunization record must be presented and immunizations must be up to date
Ed Code 5110.2
Must have the following:
3 Polio - last shot must be after 4th birthday (four polio, any time)
4 DPT - last shot must be after 4th birthday (five DPT, anytime)
2 MMR - given on or after 1st birthday (grades 1-6 one dose)
3 HEP B - required for kindergarten entry
1 Varicella vaccination or documentation by a doctor of Chicken Pox disease
3. TWO proofs of residency: Ed. Code 2110.3
Acceptable proofs of residency are copies of current month’s bills Such as cable, phone, SDG&E, tax bills etc. Also accepted are DMV license or identification cards, rental/lease agreements, deed to your home, closing escrow papers, and military housing orders.
4. Kindergarten and First grade students—
will need proof of a physical examination dated within 6 months of the start of kindergarten or within 18 months of the start of first grade.
All of the above requirements must be met before your child will be allowed to attend Kempton Elementary School.
5. Our school schedule is as follows:
Grades 1–6 8:00 am - 2:20pm (M, W, TH, F)
Tuesday is minimum day 8:00am to 1:05pm
6. We provide before and after school care for a fee. (Extended School Services – ESS Program)
Students may be dropped off at 6:00am and must be picked up by 6:00pm. Enrollment forms are available in the ESS office. For more information and the cost, please call 668-5700 ext. 6406.
7. There is no bus transportation to Kempton Elementary.The school office phone number is 668-5870. Office hours are 7:30am–4:00pm.